Gov Auctions

Government Auctions Wiltshire

(opens in a new window) is a partnership between local authorities and the Institute of historical research of the University of London. The history of the County of Wiltshire is now in the history of the country and continues to grow. The volumes are divided into General and topographic map of maps with up to five volumes to coverage of topics such as history, history of the Church, the economy and politics. The six volumes is examined and finally offer a story complete and systematic of the towns and villages of the County. History in miniature: Easterton is a municipality and a village is located in the heart of the County of Wiltshire, on the northern edge of Salisbury Plain in the Valley of Billingham. It is approximately two miles to the East of North West Lavington and six miles south of devizes. The municipality consists of 3,045 hectares and include arenas, the hamlet of village Eastcott and Easterton so-called common Eastcott and Easterton including. The parish is a strange shape; Eastcott and Easterton North take and then extends five miles to the Southeast. Article on the large parish of kilometres only a point and a half in height and is sandwiched between the parishes of Urchfont and market Lavington. The parish is the village of Easterton in a nature reserve in green sand and chalk in Northern South more often. The main road through the parish is the B3098. Ridgeway, runs through the parish at the top of the slope of the Bank a more ancient and famous track. Before 1874, Easterton part of the Parish has always was market Lavington, even though she became a Poor Law purposes in 1742 entity. It was one-tenth and village (also known as East Lavington to distinguish West Lavington) and tenths of Gore were also included in the parish of market Lavington. in 1874, was the independent separate parish church Easterton and became a county in its own right. Easterton has his arms ease since the 18th century and was supposed to market Lavington completely independent now. in 1884, Gore joined West Lavington, which means that the parish for the first time that a new composition has taken over market. Recorded in the year 1934 Eastcott, a small village of Easterton. He was part of the parish of Urchfont. Easterton population can be seen that from 1881, it was the first time that recorded a census of the population as a separate municipality. This year there are 384 people in this parish. This has remained relatively constant at 300 until 1951 when he jumped up to 427 301 in 1931. In 2001, there were 583 people in ParishLocal author John Chandler was enough derogatory when writing on the parish in 2003. He said: lies, as it comes between the two communities, market Lavington, Urchfont large topographic, Easterton as a disappointment. Despite a surprising good home wood wood this village lacks cohesion and seems a little more than three concentrations of buildings exist; Autour by Easterton Manor and Royal Oak; near the Church and the Eastcott hung on a path interspersed with modern and secondary homes. Perhaps, Easterton, undergoes a newly separate parish village. Easterton was probably only referred to as such by the 14th century; prior to this, who (or which) considered as part of Lavington. Laventone was first mentioned in the Domesday Book. At this time, Eastcott was the Urchfont. The name Easterton believed the fact to conclude that it was the Eastern farm (market Lavington). Middle of the 19th century was an urn from somewhere in Easterton, stating that by about 350 A.d. the Roman coins-updated. But the coins have been sold and it is not known where she has unearthed an urn. In the 19th century has been dug a tomb on the grounds of the Kestrel, a large red brick, which was owned by a doctor. In this skeleton was and some ceramic novel, so it was a kind of Roman occupation of the region at the beginning of the new millennium it seems. It seems as if part of the Duchy of Lancaster after Maud, Easterton heritage of Patrick Chaworth (owner of a Manor House in the region of Lavington), Henri married Duke of Lancaster in the 13th century. Patrick Manor must understand what is there now, but Easterton is not entirely clear why Lavington seemed so something like a coat was loose. Easterton manor gave to his life in the year 1401, Sir Walter and Elizabeth Beauchamp. He was granted to Elizabeth, Queen of Edward VI., later in the 15th century. The Villa belonged for a short time until the 16th century, a number of families. The parish was essentially divided into two manors in the 16th century. The side is has been Easterton Kingside and Gernon Western Easterton after James Gernon, a resident of the municipality in the 13. Century. The two parties are in the United States, in 1615, John Burley was the House of master, Thomas Grubbe, of Potterne. John Grubbe later in the century that i please you 200 pounds for the Royalist cause was a letter from Charles. Grubbe was clearly a realist, who sent the money. The well remained until 1820, when it was sold to Henry Stephen Olivier, of Potterne in the family of Grubbe (hunting was Grubbe). The Castle and its lands were sold in 1866, but Easterton Manor House was sold separately of g. B. Rogers in the 19th century, for the healing of imber. I gave a Vicariate in Easterton as parish church in 1873. Eastcott had Easterton Manor was separated and it was owned by Dean to EDINGTON, but this Priory was dissolved in 1539. Then Eastcott Sir Walter Ernle belonged in the 17th century and remained with his descendants, who was the family of Ernle-DRAX, until the early 20th century. . West of the main street of the village, a current concentrate led most of the houses, is a symbol of great affection for the villagers. There are a several small bridges Creek in the garden or at the edge of the front doors. King Road motorway take the main road and goes to church, is an old pump, used, because it installed the inhabitants get their water, mid-20th century. Most of the houses in the village of Easterton is two storeys high and is composed of red brick roofs of shale or clay. The road was expanded after the war, the loss of many old houses of the community. The two most important houses of the village are probably Easterton (Manor House) and Kestrels. Both are located in the Northwest of the village. The fascinating was called Mr. Benjamin Hayward that falconry was interested in the kestrel. The name is explained! Kestrel is a house in the shape of L, built in red brick. It is a grade II * listed. Since the 18th century new houses usually with bricks a clay in market Lavington Hill Quarry has a spin. This has included also Jubilee cottage and the kestrel. It was pretty soft, router stone very attractive. Easterton House was formerly a grade II and the rectory * grade II listed building. Although he often called the Manor and in fact, it was not with the reign of Easterton connected. It is said that the original building on the site was once a picture of Giovanni König hunting. The House was sold at auction in August 1972 between Eastcott and Easterton represents the country formerly known as worms and larvae wood Mead. This fascinating country called was a Hall venue in about 1750, sort the Wroughton family owner of the land. It was known as the House of madness and who was very important, with a form of transportation, stables, nurseries and decorative walls. This House is interesting, because even if it was a big house and an expensive, in a few years, the House ruins and completely abandoned. It's not clear why this happened, but it may be because it is so described as built under the House, the children and the first winter, the House was heavily damaged by water. Area was built, where the House near the village of Easterton, now known as folly Wroughton. Add to the mysterious atmosphere of many local ghost stories of the region are attached is what Seymour Wroughton, who built the House of the neck, after a night of his car and the dark nights, which sometimes feel like a coach and broken horses. The foundations of the House. Development in the community was very different. Like her, just to the North of Salisbury Plain was, the parish of war comes from the Department since the 19th century. This meant, which attracted the villages existing and sheep grazing were unavailable. New housing, position of the 19th century was rather small and spasmodic. King Road is the area where concentrate most of the new houses. A building was built after the second world war instead of Hayward. For now, three houses of garden in the village were demolished to allow the widening of the road. There are several buildings within the parish. Halstead House, 18th century, close to the Agriturismo Corte and Willoughby built grade II in 1902 was a railway line was built through the northern part of the city and built a station near Littleton PANELL. The line and station are closed. The line was also used to send milk to London. Was common and the lay to the North of Easterton and forced before a parliamentary body. The sandy soil in the North has been used in the 19th century for the construction of the garden; peas and potatoes, is the best harvest. in 1820, the products has been trying to bath and Salisbury, as well as the supply of local markets. Huerta is recorded in the parish until after the second world war. The area where the garden once the community known in the sand. In 1840, the largest farm was closed and consisted of 538 hectares. Countries remained open in the South of the municipality, until an act of Parliament in 1798. The parish suffered very badly with an outbreak of foot - on - farms in 1938th which had foot - and mouth - FMD in its facilities closed for three months and destroyed their livestock and burned. Fiddington House is a House of fools continued as a hospital for persons with mental disorders and private from 1817 until 1962. It was demolished subsequently.Create the most popular Easterton industry was Marmalade. The sand from the ground to the municipality for the construction of the garden and there was for the cultivation of fruit for this industry. The first attempt was built in 1868 by Samuel Sanders of a small shop. But if in 1908 closed business, the idea of a jam was significantly lowered with the inhabitants of the commune of 1918, Samuel Moore has expanded its production base of the jam kitchen and begins to acquire the most modern equipment. The company has done well and later died in 1937, and his son took over. added to the production of minced meat and lemon cream. It has been transformed by a major company in Surrey, but was closed in 1990. John Chandler said: "the people visitors are already received not by the dominant scent of Strawberry Jam. Princess Anne opened an extension of the premises in the summer 1985 Samuel given Moore where you will need to create a plot of land in the parish, a party room and this was 1955 took. Since 1881, Easterton worked as a Ranger, seamstress, fruits and vegetables, bakery and Machinist inhabitants (a steam plow). Of course, agriculture remains a predominant pattern of behavior. There was a blacksmith, owned by Enos Maynard. It was in 1910 that for a few more later burned years are sold. Business engineering began in 1909 by s. e. g. Wells; Repair of agricultural machinery. Place jam in stills and other machines in the new factory of Samuel Moore. This company became a fertile ground, after the death of Wells ', interpreted by Oliver Webb, whose wife was the midwife there. In the middle of the 19th century, Easterton was served by two taverns. It was cow and the Royal Oak. The oak is (as it is called by locals) now the only remaining Tavern. It was built in the 17th century, although the 14th century dates back some parts - are, and it is grade II probably. What was once the cow, is now a House, the Grange. Before 1980, combined post office and general stores. He left the post office in 1885 with the first was Lady Anne Draper. The building, which housed the station moved to the opposite end of the village of 1905. There are two shops in the village of a point. It has long been a home in Easterton, built in the 18th century, Cook, but is now a private residence. Easterton Parish Council met for the first time on 15 December 1894. In 1930, presented the concept of fusion with the market Lavington Parish Council convened a meeting, but met with a negative response to the inhabitants of Easterton. It was obviously proud of his parish. Four years later, the hamlet of Eastcott was added to the entire parish, but Easterton remains today market Lavington is different. In fact was Eastcott in Easterton informally for some time. After the second world war, it was found that the 17 men who had been in the war are not returned. It is was the only son of the Vicar, the reverend Gilbert King, killed in 1917. A Memorial has been that the Church was built and officially on February 5, 1920. The names of the deceased in the second world war have been at the end of the conflict. There were many displaced people arrived at the outbreak of the war. Many of them remained in the presbytery. The priest of the parish at the time of the Rev. Stacey, had no family and plenty of space in your home. Later, the House was Easterton House (see above) and is now a private house. The water is connected to the sewer 1958 and parish in 1952. It is necessary, which were soon demolished. City Hall was in 1955 with a field belonged by Samuel Moore jam, built the company. The Hall was built by the man of the region of Tom Jeffries. It was expanded in 1968. and it is a source of great pride for residents; in 1968, he won the 'Village Hall the best kept. Brief history:. This page is part of the 261 pages, for each community in Wiltshire and is provided by the heritage and libraries of Wiltshire Council. A project to a more complete picture of each community arises, has worked with the largest communities. If they are modern at the end, 261 parishes, start another work 180 towns and villages, we offer complete coverage of the Wiltshire communities, large and small. ,,.